How does CoolBeans differ from NetBeans?
CoolBeans 2019.06 uses the Apache NetBeans 11.1 branch. So any NetBeans project will open without problems.
On top of that we have:
- Bundled JDK. The macOS/Windows installers include a JDK so you don't need anything else to start coding.
- Native notifications. All the IDE notification will be shown using the macOS/Windows notification system.
- Compact diff window. Which allows you to see a few more lines of text. Perfect on smaller laptop displays.
- Error reporter. You can upload errors directly to the server so they get looked at later.
- Java: Online Maven support. Maven queries will be sent to Maven Central instead of downloading the Maven Central cache which takes GBs of your disk.
- Java: Fixed Profiler on Windows 64bit
- Java: Re-added WildFlyAS support
- Java: Bundled nb-javac. For the best Java support.
- JS: Bundled JS libraries.
- JavaFX: Bundled JavaFX libraries.
- C/C++ support
- Signed installers. So you know you run unaltered bits.
There's also work underway to build all 3rd party plugins from source code.